Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas Bulletin Boards

This first picture continues to amaze me!  I was going to be out for the afternoon so I decided to leave a little art project for the end of the day.  I left paper with ornaments drawn on them, yarn, fancy scissors, decorative paper, sequins, etc.  I had put up the black paper and red border, and told them they could hang their ornaments themselves.  When I came in the next day I was astonished how great the board looked!  They did such a nice job and were so creative with their designs!

Idea from: http://firstgradeblueskies.blogspot.com/2013/12/easy-ornament-bulletin-board-freebie.html



This is our bulletin board out in the hallway.

Craftivity found at: http://allisonspeechpeeps.blogspot.com/2012/12/christmas-speech-craftivity-freebie.html

It's a two part board.  The top part has Christmas trees that they wrote analogies on.  They came up with analogies and then write them on the ornaments.  For example read:words::count:numbers.

 
The bottom part of the board has Christmas presents.  Students cut out verbs and sorted them as past or present verbs.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment