Monday, January 13, 2014

Weathering, Erosion, and Deposition Tabbed Book

I don't know why, but I love teaching this concept!  Maybe it's because it's so hands-on and fun!  I like to let my students explore WED using hands-on activities with sand.  I put sand in shallow containers (like 9 X 13 baking pans) and then they can explore weathering, erosion, and deposition with a straw (wind), water in a spray bottle (precipitation), and ice cubes (ice).  I also put sand in a paint tray with water in the bottom to represent waves.  After they explore these ideas we put together a tabbed book I made.

This is what the book looks like. It's available on TeachersPayTeachers if you are interested in using this in your classroom! There are two versions of the text (one more simple than the other) and there are options to include or omit the clipart.  My students like it, and I like having something simple for them to refer back to at home!  We read more complex text, but this is to the point, which I think is important, too!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment