Monday, December 7, 2015

Peppermint Scented Playdoh and Rice

I love incorporating scented items into my classroom!  For December I added peppermint scented playdoh and peppermint scented rice.  The kids had so much fun!
 
 
Peppermint Playdoh
 
Ingredients:
1 c. flour
1/4 c. salt
1 1/2 tbsp. cream of tarter
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 c. water
food coloring
peppermint oil
 
Directions:
Bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
Add food coloring and peppermint oil to water.
Combine flour, salt, and cream of tarter.
Slowly add colored water to dry ingredients.
Add additional flour until desired consistency.
 
This recipe kept four children at a time happy, but I will definitely double it next time!
  
 
Peppermint Scented Rice
 
To scent rice I fill a gallon size bag about 2/3 full of rice.  I add a few drops of food coloring, scented oil, and water and then shake the bag of rice until it's coated well.  It works great!  
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment